XG Firewall v17, a breakthrough in network security
Sophos users can already take advantage from a new, improved version of Sophos XG Firewall based on Sophos Firewall OS v17. The new software has been enriched with a number of new features, the interface has been upgraded to a more administrator-friendly one, and the product stability and performance have been improved.
Below you can find some of the most interesting changes that appeared in the new version of Sophos Firewall v17
- Synchronized App Control – a technology that allows you to control applications in a clear and simple way. It provides automatic identification, verification and control of all network applications.
- Improved Log Viewer – better and more detailed administrator view, which translates into faster troubleshooting.
- Improved IPS interface and application control – easier management and creating rules in security policies thanks to the so-called intelligent policy lists.
- Improvements in firewall rules management – simpler management of even advanced and extensive firewall rules
- Policy testing simulator – simplified testing and troubleshooting of traffic rules and security policies.
- Simplified VPN connections – easier configuration and management of VPN site-to-site connections.
- Support for IKEv2 VPN – more efficient cooperation of IPSec VPN server with other systems.
- Enhanced NAT rules – more intuitive and extensive creation of policies and NAT rules.
The new XG Series devices offer even better performance and functionality. The next-generation products that feature the latest Intel processors, a lot of RAM and integrated SSD drives are among the best products of their class. Thanks to their features: VPN, application control and web control, as well as the introduction of machine learning technology in Sophos Sandstorm Sandboxing, the new XG Series devices are a powerful network security solution that can meet the challenges of even the most demanding networks, keeping the latest unknown threats at bay.
XG Firewall has been appreciated by industry experts such as NSS Labs, where it has been rated as one of the best solutions in terms of security, performance and value. It is also worth having in mind that Sophos has been the leader of the Gartner Magic Quadrant in the UTM category for six years.
Individual and home users will be happy knowing that the Sophos XG Firewall is available free of charge for home use.